As a plumber, you know how important it is to have the right tools for the job. The same is true when it comes to your website and your online presence. The right keywords are essential for helping your website rank high in search engine results pages (SERPs), which can ultimately lead to more customers finding and using your services.
But how do you go about finding the right keywords? That’s where keyword research comes in.
Keyword research is the process of finding and analysing the words and phrases that people are using to search for businesses and services like yours. Once you know what keywords people are using, you can then optimize your website and your online marketing campaigns around those keywords.
There are a number of different ways to do keyword research, but some of the most effective methods include using keyword research tools, conducting competitor analysis, and looking at search data from Google AdWords and Google Trends.
No matter what method you use, there are a few things to keep in mind when doing keyword research. First, think about the needs and interests of your target audience. What words and phrases are they likely to use when searching for a business like yours? Second, think about the products and services you offer. What keywords can you use to describe them?
Once you have a good list of potential keywords, it’s time to start analyzing them. Look at the search volume for each keyword to get an idea of how popular it is. You can also look at the competition level to see how difficult it will be to rank for each keyword.
Finally, once you’ve selected the best keywords for your business, it’s important to use them throughout your website and online marketing campaigns. Include them in your website content, in your titles and meta tags, and in your pay-per-click (PPC) ads.
By doing keyword research and using the right keywords on your website and in your online marketing, you can help your business attract more customers and get more leads.
Why Keyword Research is Important for SEO Success?
Here are some statistics that show the importance of keyword research:
- 92% of searchers only look at the first page of Google
- 75% of people never scroll past the first page of Google
- 3. 46% of all Google searches are for local information
As you can see, if you want to be found online, you need to be on the first page of Google. And the only way to do that is to have good keyword research.
Here is the list of popular plumbing keywords we have identified. Depending on where you operate your business, you may need to conduct in-depth keyword research to identify popular plumbing keywords in your city or country.
[wpdatatable id=1 table_view=regular]
How to do keyword research?
We have tried various methods to conduct keyword research. However, we prefer this 5-step method to conduct keyword research for plumbing businesses.
- Use keyword research tools: There are a number of different keyword research tools available. Some of the most popular ones are Google Adwords Keyword Planner, Moz Keyword Explorer, and semrush.com.
- Identify your most important keywords: Start by identifying a few of your most important keywords. These are the keywords that are most relevant to your business and that you want to rank for.
- Research-related keywords: Once you have your most important keywords, you can start researching related keywords. These are keywords that are related to your most important keywords.
- Identify long-tail keywords: Long-tail keywords are keywords that are very specific and usually have lower search volume. They may be less competitive, but they can still be valuable.
- Create a list of keywords: Once you’ve identified a few hundred keywords, you’ll want to create a list of them. This will help you keep track of all the keywords you’ve researched and it will make it easier.
As you know, SEO is a complex and ever-changing field. If you own a plumbing business, it’s important to understand what people search on Google to find businesses like yours. Once you have identified keywords that can drive traffic to your plumbing website, you can start publishing content and optimising your website to rank higher on search engines.